Tagged content management system
Browsing all posts tagged with content management system
What is Squarespace and what are its features? How this CMS does help the person who wants to have their own website? You will find out after reading this article.
Squarespace is a SaaS-based content management system (CMS) which is composed of a website builder, blogging platform and hosting service. The service allows individuals and businesses to produce and maintain websites and blogs.
Squarespace was founded in 2003 and launched in January, 2004 by Anthony Casalena using a $20,000 investment from his father. Over the last nine years they have grown to a team of 136 highly-skilled minds. Accel Partners and Index Ventures led their first round of outside investment in 2010.
Its mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web. From designers creating the next generation of web and mobile experiences, to anyone managing their own online presence for the first time, Squarespace provides elegant solutions that set new standards for online publishing. By focusing their efforts on the fusion of design and engineering, they strive to create long-lasting products that delight and surprise their customers.
SOME FEATURES OF SQUARESPACE:
- Designed for Any Purpose – Every Squarespace template design supports all major content types, including Pages, Galleries, Blogs, Commerce, Calendars, and more.
- Style Editor – With hundreds of customizable settings, including fonts, colors, and page configurations, every Squarespace website can be made to look unique with just a few clicks.
- Built-in Mobile Websites – Every design automatically includes a unique mobile experience that matches the overall style of your website, so your content will look great on every device, every time. If desired, you can disable the mobile view from Website Manager.
- Free Google Fonts – Squarespace includes a curated set of fonts from Google's font library that can be used without having to insert embed codes.
- Custom CSS – Custom CSS can be applied to any template design through our built-in custom CSS editor, which also provides image and font file storage for CSS assets.
- Simultaneous Posting – Squarespace can authenticate with your social profiles, letting you auto-post your content to Twitter, Facebook (personal or brand page), or Tumblr. All post entries and images are optimized and tagged properly, so descriptions and titles will be correctly referenced.
- Social Links – Easily display social network profile links, letting your visitors follow you on every major network. A variety of presentations styles help keep your site design consistent.
- Content Downloading – Content from connected services is always downloaded into Squarespace, meaning that your website is served from a single location, improving load times and allowing image content to take advantage of the built in gallery components.
- Automatically Responsive Designs – All LayoutEngine pages are completely responsive and work on any mobile device.
- Free Domains Included – All annual Squarespace accounts include a free custom domain.
- Visitor Count – Squarespace monitors your visitor counts, including raw, unique, and robot hits. Website statistics are computed every 30 seconds for a real-time view of your numbers.
- 24/7 Email Support – Squarespace offers customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The entire customer care team is based in NYC and typically responds to help request in under 20 minutes. Over one-third of our entire company is dedicated to customer support.
There are just some of the features of squarespace and there are a lot more features that you can enjoy in this CMS. Squarespace takes you and your business and publishes it on the Web with sophistication, positioning you as an authority in your field. It provides credibility and functionality all in one system. It amplifies what you have to offer with clarity and command, but it's still not a magic pill. Your success relies on commitment and business knows how. You have to be the entrepreneur.
It is not free yet squarespace is not worth the savings for most businesses. Please refer to squarespace.com to learn more about this topic and more of its features.